Hair Regimen **PRODUCTS UPDATED**
*****Bold and in parenthesis notes reason for change*****
Mission: Locate products that give optimal results.
Optimal Results: MOISTURIZED hair!
•••Please consider my hair’s attributes when reading my regimen and products I use•••
♥*´`*•.¸ Current Arsenal ¸.•*´`*♥
(I try to use products with as many natural ingredients as possible!)
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo
Deep Conditioner (DC)
- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner + EVOO
- Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (haven’t tried as a DC yet, only as LI)
- Curl Junkie Repair Me! (protein conditioner/treatment – unopened as of now)
CoWash Conditioners – Rinse Out (RI)
- Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Conditioner(just haven’t used it in a while) Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner(too creamy to ‘wash’ with)
- Curl Junkie Daily Fix (when there’s a bad product reaction, i.e. whiteness)
- Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil Daily Conditioner (moved from both LI and RI to RI only)
Leave In Conditioners/Creams/Milks/Etc (LI)
- Darcy’s Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
- Darcy’s Botanicals Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream
- Darcy’s Botanicals Pumkin Kernel Hydrating Milk (added — forgot to put on list initially)
Darcy’s Botanicals Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing Cream(never used it on my hair; had only a sample so I used it as hand lotion :-/)
- Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
- Oyin’s Hair Dew
- Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel
L’Oreal Paris EverStyle Alcohol-Free Curl-Defining Gel(Too many humectants for Florida dews — frizz central!)
Spritzes for Refreshing a Wash and Go
- High Quality H2O
- Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Moisture Mist
- Pure Jojoba Oil (used only for the occasional scalp massage)
- Oyin’s Burnt Sugar Pomade (added – used to seal my edges)
Ok. So I’m product obsessed. Judge me.
♥*´`*•.¸ Current Everyday Wash and Go Regimen ¸.•*´`*♥
(I redo my hair almost daily using the following technique while in the shower)
- Cowash with a RO.
- Divide my hair into 4-6 sections and clip up.
- Undo one section.
- Finger detangle, rinse out RO, apply a LI conditioner/cream/milk-of-the-moment.
- Apply a styler like a gel/pudding/custard-of-the-moment.
- Clip section back up.
- Repeat on all the sections.
- Get out the shower, unclip all sections, and shake it out!
- Let it air dry.
- I DON’T TOUCH UNTIL AFTER IT DRIES!
Wash, Deep Condition, and Detangle Day (every other week):
- Wash with a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Apply deep conditioner.
- Detangle with wide tooth comb with deep conditioner distributed in hair.
- Follow the regular routine, starting with the leave in.